Off your game?
Read our free, updated as of Mar 3, 2022, Dr K report on how to optimize your mind and body so you can boost your focus when trading the markets.
Meet Dr K !
Chris Kacher
  • Nuclear physicist
  • Stock & crypto market wizard
  • Blockchain builder
  • Bestselling author
  • Top 40 charted musician
  • Biohacker
  • Former computer hacker
Your email will always remain private.

Market Lab Report - Premarket Pulse 12/7/15

Major averages shot higher Friday on lower volume. Markets rallied on the strong jobs report which increased the odds of a rate hike when the Fed meets on December 16. After a volatile week of trade, the major averages closed roughly flat for the week. Thursday's shakeout could help to set up a year-end rally as the market expects a Fed rate increase which is viewed as constructive.

CME FedWatch puts the odds of a hike now at 79%. Should the Fed hike rates, the odds of a hike of 25 / 50 basis points stand at 21% / 79%, respectively. Indeed, rates at the low end of the yield curve have been moving higher by almost 50 basis points in anticipation of impending rate hikes.

OPEC increased its production quota which sent oil back under $40. A basket of other commodities as represented by the Commodity Research Bureau Index is in danger of hitting lows not seen since the early 1970s. The global economy remains stagnant.

Like what you read?
Let us help you make sense of these markets by signing up for our free Market Lab Reports:
This information is provided by MoKa Investors, LLC DBA Virtue of Selfish Investing (VoSI) is issued solely for informational purposes and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy securities. Information contained herein is based on sources which we believe to be reliable but is not guaranteed by us as being accurate and does not purport to be a complete statement or summary of available data. VoSI reports are intended to alert VoSI members to technical developments in certain securities that may or may not be actionable, only, and are not intended as recommendations. Past performance is not a guarantee, nor is it necessarily indicative, of future results. Opinions expressed herein are statements of our judgment as of the publication date and are subject to change without notice. Entities including but not limited to VoSI, its members, officers, directors, employees, customers, agents, and affiliates may have a position, long or short, in the securities referred to herein, and/or other related securities, and may increase or decrease such position or take a contra position. Additional information is available upon written request. This publication is for clients of Virtue of Selfish Investing. Reproduction without written permission is strictly prohibited and will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. ©2024 MoKa Investors, LLC DBA Virtue of Selfish Investing. All rights reserved.
Copyright ©2024 MoKa Investors, LLC DBA Virtue of Selfish Investing.
All Rights Reserved.
privacy policy